Recent posts: week
Key artist Gina Edwards for Morgan Taylor created three looks for one idealized woman at the Monique Lhuillier FW2015 show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Models wore a layered combination of In The Nude with Latte Please for a glam daytime look, a pearly Teal named Bright Eyes for “amplified drama” and a gorgeous red for the night on the town in Take The Lead.
I’m every woman, aren’t you? Morgan Taylor is giving Nail Talk Radio listeners a chance to be randomly selected in our giveaway of three of these sets! Simply click the link to Rafflecopter and follow the instructions to enter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway It begins March 18 at midnight.
As usual, the show was full of lush fabrics, interesting textures and unique design:
Did you know that Morgan Taylor is named after Danny Haile’s daughters? Meeting Morgan for the first time:
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway! It starts March 18th at midnight. http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/4528e9842/?
In my first installment for Nail Talk Radio, the show at Nanette Lepore was all about ‘rebel glam’ and the nails proved the point. I love layering, especially over a good glitter. This essie combination gives an old gold, rock n’ roll feel that’s all at once loud and muted. Try it on your clients as a party finger, or really go all out with all ten digits.
Learn how to do this nail in the salon in the video, or follow the steps below:
You’ll need the following essie products:
- For The Twill Of It
- Rock At The Top
- Shifting Power
- Topcoat (Good To Go or Matte About You)
1. Apply one good coat of For The Twill Of It
2. Apply one to two coats of the glitter Rock At The Top. This glitter has very fine to large pieces. Layer with abandon. The look should be chunky. If you feel you need to dab for coverage in spots, go for it.
3. Finish the look with a thin veil of Shifting Power. This sheer gold will calm the shine, while giving the nail an over all antique metal look. Fabulous!
4. Finish with a high shine top coat, like Good to Go. After after a few days, you can refresh your manicure with the new Second Shine Around. It softens dull polish and retasks to a high shine.
5.As an alternate look, try matte over the metal. I love the look and feel, and matte is the trend right now.
Are you a gel polish user? essie doesn’t have a gold glitter version in their essie gel (yet), but they do have Twill Seeker.
To get the Rock At The Top look, make a custom mix of fine gold, white gold, and hologram glitters. It doesn’t matter that it isn’t a replica of the look. You are capturing the feeling for your client.
Would you like to win a set of the essie nail polishes used at Nanette Lepore to recreate your own runway set of nails? Click on the Rafflecopter giveaway link below. Giveaway starts on 2/28/15 at midnight!
Enter to get the 3 piece set of essie nail polishes used at Nanette Lepore, New York Fashion Week (scroll down and click on Rafflecopter giveaway) a Rafflecopter giveaway